The AACD is an organization of individual, business, and professional people who seek to build a healthy, growing economy; improve the quality of life; facilitate cooperation between area businesses, governments and communities; promote positive images, spirit and pride.
AACD is a progressive, nonprofit organization representing the Aurora Chamber of Commerce, the Aurora Development Corporation, the Aurora Technology Center, the Aurora Housing Development Corporation, Aurora Construction Enterprises, Aurora Childcare, the City of Aurora and Hamilton County.
AACD’s members, people from all walks of life, work together to build a better community. The organization unites businesses, the professions, industry and individuals.
AACD is people, just like you.
What are the Purposes of the AACD?
- To advance all of the business, professional, civic and cultural interests of the Aurora area.
- To encourage the growth of existing business activities and to assist new firms or individuals seeking location.
- To speak for members in city, state, and national legislative and governmental matters.
- To assist in developing area agricultural interests.
- To cultivate the friendship and goodwill of neighboring communities.
- To cooperate with the Hamilton County schools and other institutions of learning in our area.
- To help maintain the excellent quality of life found in Hamilton County
Who can join the AACD?
- Responsible citizens who are interested in the improvement and development of Aurora and Hamilton County.
- People who will make a commitment of time and energy as well as a financial investment in their community.
How is AACD Funded?
AACD’s operations are funded with member dues, with pledges from the community businesses, foundations, individuals and local government and from fund raisers.
How does AACD spend its money?
To attract and help the development of business and industry; to work with existing businesses for expansion and retention; to attract new residents to Hamilton County; to carry on the activities of the committees; to maintain an office, located in the Bremer Community Center.
Who manages the AACD?
The members run AACD. All members have an equal voice as well as the same vote. All members can also serve on active committees.
AACD has a board of thirteen directors. Seven directors are elected at large, one director represents Aurora Development Corporation, two directors are appointed by the City of Aurora, one director represents Hamilton County Board of Commissioners, one director represents Aurora Housing Development Corporation and one director represents Aurora Chamber of Commerce.
The board, in turn, elects a president, vice president and treasurer.
How Does AACD Work?
Suggestions and ideas of the members are accepted at an annual planning session. This is followed with a plan of action outlined for the year by the board of directors as well as a budget prepared to finance the year’s activities.
The president appoints committee chairs and board advisors. Committee chairs seek volunteer workers.
How are Dues Paid?
Dues, an investment in your business, are paid annually, quarterly or monthly if you prefer.
What does AACD membership cost?
AACD dues are based on the size and type of your business. We also offer member recognition levels for those key members who financially support our community efforts above and beyond the standard membership.
Aurora Area Chamber & Development Corporation 1604 L St
PO Box 146
Aurora, NE 68818
Telephone: (402) 694-6911
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Have more questions about the AACD?
Please feel free to contact our office at the above address or phone number.